1. Nerf gun to stage epic living room battles (and because boys will never outgrow their toys), $11.
2. Friendly Foxes print, $20. With perfect colors and whimsical design this Print Mafia piece is a perfect representation of your partnership. Would look adorable hanging in your apartment.
3. Makers 46, $36, a great addition to all his holiday cocktails.
4. Annual passes to the aquarium. $45 for each pass. No doubt about it, he would love seeing the marine life all year round, and BONUS: fun day-trip dates for you!
5. Bill wallet, a place to keep all his valuables snapped-in and from one of his favorite companies. $90.
7. And speaking of subscriptions, a box (or a few) of treats from Knoshy, crafted in small batches by independent food producers from around the USA. $30 per box.
8. 3-wick candle, $22, in eucalyptus spearmint to clear the mind and improve concentration while he works on his dissertation.
9. Shave kit gift set, $38. For his pretty face!
11. The Staircase documentary series, because he’s crazy about the podcast Serial and this story is just as suspensefully true-crime satisfying. $19. (You would gladly curl up in a blanket and binge watch with him.)
12. Microfleece lounge pants, $15, for those cold winter nights of doing not a whole lot but that feel like just enough.