Whether the COVID-19 pandemic has had an effect on your income, or you are simply looking for a way to tighten your purse strings in order to save up for a holiday – there are many reasons as to why you might be looking to increase the digits in your bank account. After all, financial stability can be hard to achieve – no matter what age you are.
Thankfully, there are various things you can do to boost your bank account without having to work three jobs at once. Here are some tips to get you started!
- Diversify your income and work from home by picking up a side-hustle such as blogging or content creation.
- Consider investing even if you are on a tight budget. This is a great way to add a little money to your bank account over time, though be sure you know exactly what you are investing in.
- While rest and relaxation are important, find ways to be more creative with your time and earn money while doing so. For example, if you love to drive and get behind the wheel, you can use websites such as Shiply to begin looking for delivery jobs that can boost your income.
- Make the most of coupons – whether you’re grocery shopping or purchasing something online, they are a great way to reduce your monthly spendings. For example, Groupon coupons are a great way to get started.
- Consider asking your boss for a raise. While negotiating your salary can be scary, it’s important that you don’t sell yourself short. Go into the meeting prepared with a list of verifiable reasons as to why you deserve the raise. If you provide them with indisputable evidence, they are more likely to make changes in your favor.
- Spring clean your home and sell anything that you no longer need or use. Nowadays, there is no limit to the kind of thing you can sell online – be that clothes or furniture. Furthermore, it’s far better for the environment to resell products as opposed to sending them to a landfill. This means that it is a win-win situation for everyone involved.
- Start thinking seriously about your savings. For example, you should try to funnel a small amount of your monthly earnings into a specific savings account. This means you are less tempted to dip into it and spend money on things you can’t afford and can watch the money build up quickly over time.
- Keep an eye out for paid focus groups or online surveys – as they are a great way to earn some extra income but will not take up too much of your time either. This occasionally means that you can try out new products before their release.
- Earn money from your sofa by tutoring online – whether that means you cover the basics for high school students or focus on something a little more specific. This is a great way to earn money and share your knowledge and expertise with others.
What ideas would you add? Read all my Ballin’ On A Budget posts HERE.