1. Dramatic, floor-length curtains.
I love these affordable panels from Target in a slate grey.
2. Over-sized prints – framed and hung prominently.
3. Pretty details to create added interest.
Wouldn’t this botanical print from Refinery Paper Co. look sweet hanging by a brass binder clip? And wouldn’t it be fun to DIY a decoupage ampersand? Yes and yes!
4. Long sofa for streeeeetching out.
A three-seat sofa in a pretty peacock blue, please and thank you.
5. Upright lamp to shed light on the situation.
I like tall lamps with a long arm to create some depth. I also like not having to rely on harsh ceiling lights when I’m trying to get cozy with a good book.
6. A side table aka landing pad for morning cups of coffee and evening cocktails.
The pattern created by the metalwork on this side table mimics the interlaced fingers in the black & white photograph and that’s no accident. Drawing coordination inspiration from elements other than color is a favorite decorating tip of mine!
7. Funky armchair.
Normally asymmetry would drive me bonkers…but this chair has so much personality!
8. Geometric rug, featuring colors to tie it all together.
The gentle blue wave pattern adds a relaxing element.
9. Flickering candles and potted plants for added ambiance.
I love these simple lanterns with cut-out stars and succulents in a small copper planter.
10. A stunning marble coffee table.
Because I really hope marble never goes out of style!
Do you ever lose hours on Polyvore or Pinterest planning out your dream home? Would any of these 10 elements find themselves featured in your dream living room? Got any great resources for home decor inspiration? SHARE BELOW!!!