The other evening, inspired by a Facebook community I subscribe to, I made a list of things that make me happy. Here’s what I came up with…
- Bringing home a large library haul.
- Listening to honest-to-goodness, turn-the-knob-to-find-the-station radio.
- Going to the beach on a weekday with Chet.
- Spending an evening inside with candles lit, blankets piled high, and a really cozy pair of pj pants.
- Getting brunch with friends the morning after a big event (think: conference, wedding, work party) to rehash all the happenings from the day/night before.
- Late afternoon walks with a good podcast.
- Claiming a table outside at a restaurant/bar with a group of friends and proceeding to laugh the night away.
- One on one conversations over coffee.
- Eating food after a long day swimming at the beach or hiking in the mountains.
- 30 minutes of juicy stretching (read: yoga) after a really long and stressful day.
- Watching true crime documentaries, obscure reality shows, and suspenseful TV.
- Obsessing over a certain topic until I’ve read every longform article, non-fiction book, and thought-provoking essay on the matter that I can get my hands on.
- Traveling by train.
- Solving problems when the stakes feel high.
- Receiving something exciting or unexpected in my mailbox.
I’d love to know, WHAT’S ON YOUR LIST? It may seem simple, but identifying what makes you happy is a wonderful first step to doing those things more! And Lord, do I feel like we need to do more happy-making things right about now.
1 thought on “15 Actionable Items That Make Me Happy”