- For a fancy work event, dinner to celebrate a friend’s birthday, or a concert followed by drinks at your favorite bar…
- Slip on a slinky dress and your favorite pair of heels. Give your look some edge with a biker or bomber jacket. Bring along your trusty, structured bag. Add a bangle. Make a statement with a fierce cocktail ring.
- Finish off the look with a good coverage foundation, a swipe of your favorite lipstick, and a buttery nail color. Spritz on something dark and moody. Hit the town!
Weekend Uniform: Casual
- For grocery shopping, tinkering around in your backyard, or long lazy walks with the pup through your ‘hood…
- Throw on a pair of boyfriend jeans and your favorite statement tee. Stay comfortable in a pair of white converse. Track your steps with your fitness tracker (even lazy Saturdays add miles!). Add a dainty necklace and make sure to have your favorite reusable bags on hand.
- Finish off the look with sunscreen and a lip-balm. Use a sporty, natural deodorant (that’s quickly become a cult favorite). Get. shiz. done!
Weekend Uniform: In the Middle
- For brunch somewhere quaint, boutique shopping with your bestie, or a flick at the indie theater…
- You can trick passers-by into thinking you exerted a lot of effort this morning. In truth, jersey dress + big earrings + messy bun. Grab a jean jacket in case you get chilly and strap on a pair of fun sandals. Add a chic watch and a cross-body bag.
- Finish off the look with an after-sun spray, a clean-smelling scent, and a little dry shampoo. Go for a bold lip, if you dare. Mimosas, anyone?
(Clockwise from top left.)
Cat Sweater … for a bit of whimsy as you bundle up tight. ($49.99)
Pointed Ballet Flats … to tuck under your desk so you can slip them on once you’ve shed your morning commute snow-boots. ($49.99)
Slouch Hat … so your noggin stays stylishly warm. ($14.99)
Gemstone Earrings … for a touch of femininity that won’t get covered up by your giant parka. ($7.99)
Pleated Purple Sweater … to layer on top of all your favorite blouses. ($39.99)
Circle Scarf … because who needs a necklace when you’ve got such a dainty scarf?! ($14.99)
Floral & Lacy Undies Set … for feeling like a babe even when you’re wearing approximately 22 layers of clothing on top. ($6.99 for panties, $13.99 for bralette)
Thigh High Socks … a colorful way to add warmth. ($12.99)
Moisturizing Lipstick … to finish off all your winter weather looks. ($24.99)
Over to you! Do you have any favorite winter wardrobe pieces? Where are you shopping these days? I’d love to know!
Hi friends! Hope you’re having a spook-tacular Halloween!! Here are four fun things I’ve been thinkin’ about today…
What’s your go-to exercise routine this Fall? I’ve been really into long walks (the breeze in South Florida lately is a game changer!) followed by this stretching routine. I’ve also been itching for a new 30 day yoga challenge. Yoga with Adriene and Bad Yogi both have a couple, and I’d highly recommend them if you’re craving a daily practice.
I’m also anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new box from Stitch Fix! Living for over a year in a climate that doesn’t really change from season to season means…I’m kinda sick of all my clothes. Stitch Fix is an amazing service if you’re looking for a wardrobe refresh. Once you sign up, you fill out an extensive style profile with your preferences and sizes, and your own personal stylist will pick out 5 pieces and ship them to your doorstep. You keep what you love and send back the rest! I requested some dressy tees since short-sleeved shirts that can either be dressed up or dressed down is pretty much all I wear. Let me know if you’d like to see a post detailing what I receive in my box!
My mom gifted me access to a self-paced photography class for my birthday. (Thanks Mom!!!) It is fascinating, inspirational, and informative, and I’m really enjoying the opportunity to learn more about the technical side of photography. (I also love the homework assignments at the end of each lesson!)
Finally, I’d love to know, what’s your favorite horror film? Halloween on a Monday night seems the perfect excuse for cozying up on the couch with a classic, creepy movie. (All the party’s are out of the way after the weekend.) Rosemary’s Baby tops my list for Halloween fright-night films. What’s on your list?
2nd Photo: Audrey Hepburn practicing yoga on the set of ‘Green Mansions’, 1958. 4th Photo: Lauren Hutton, 1968.