In the year of our lord 2015, I listened to this podcast and became immediately obsessed with the idea of Britney Spears as a reader. In the podcast we learn that Britney read this book. But what other books might she read?
Then, over the next few years, Britney’s Instagram presence became a thing of wonder and true beauty. Those in the know wondered, what in the world would she post next? A minion meme? A Google image searched photo of an ice cream sundae? A goofy skit with her kids? It was truly the gift that kept on giving.
But, amidst the unintentional comedy (truly –what IS this?), it also offered us a rare look into what was going on in this sequestered pop-star’s life…and also, her bookshelves.
So because I am who I am, here are 15 books I found featured on Britney Spears’s Instagram. (Yep, that’s right. I did the scrolling so you don’t have to…although, why wouldn’t you want to scroll through her Instagram? It’s literally amazing.) Ok, here they are …
1. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
2. Ugly Shy Girl by Laura Dockrill
3. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
4. Plastic Tulips in the Winter by Denice Vickers
5. The One and Only by Emily Giffin
6. Heart of Miracles by Karen Henson Jones
7. Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell
8. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
9. Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado
10. Thrill! by Jackie Collins
11. Wake the Wicked by Christian Baloga
12. Country by Danielle Steel
13. The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
14. The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
15. Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller
Feel free to borrow from this list whenever you find yourself asking WWBSR? aka What would Britney Spears read?
I mean, just look at this happy creature channeling Belle from Beauty and the Beast! …and then also eating a pyramid of fried rice? Idk, you guys. But I’m here for it because I think it encompasses how much Brit loves and appreciates life’s simple pleasures. And what’s a better simple pleasure than getting lost in a good book? Happy reading!
*Pirouettes away while singing “Work Bitch” but replacing all the work’s with “read”*
P.S. The @britneyspears account literally contains multitudes — so yes, I’ve also created a workout inspired by it too.
3 thoughts on “The Britney Spears Reading List”
Wow. I had never looked at Brit’s insta before. I owe you one for introducing me to that. What a ride.
LOL! Right?! It’s an incredible corner of the internet. 🙂