Over the last couple weeks, we’ve discussed how to facilitate creating new capsules every three months by selecting a STARTER PACK. Ten or so pieces that can travel with you on your capsule wardrobe journey as the calendar pages flick by. That way, you can simply round out each season with the appropriate extras. Think: lots of tees and tanks for Summer, pretty sundresses for Spring, and tights and cardigans to bundle up in Winter.
I decided it might be fun to showcase a few starter pack examples for three different vibes: CLASSIC, VINTAGE INSPIRED, and WHIMSICAL. And of course I turned to one of my favorite sources for gorgeous, well-fitting pieces — MODCLOTH. Use these 10 Piece Starter packs as a guide to help you build your own. What do you have in your closet? What staple items might you be missing? And then each season, GET CREATIVE. Build out your capsule with your favorite pieces for the season!
This week, 10 Whimsical Pieces …
- LBD with extra ruffles. Need I say more?
- Bomber style jean jacket in the front, CAT PARTY in the back.
- Toss on this chunky arm candy to dress up a tee or simple dress.
- Stunning earrings that will certainly start a conversation.
- A-Line black skirt for maximum twirl capability.
- An ethereal statement necklace to dress up any neck.
- Simple gray graphic tee with an important message.
- This blouse will feel like wearing a field of flowers.
- Jeans with exposed buttons for added interest.
- A truly goddess-worthy maxi dress. Pink, of course.
Would any of these pieces make the cut for YOUR Starter Pack? Do you have any capsule wardrobe tips & tricks? Leave ’em below! xoxo
And be sure to check out the previous CAPSULE WARDROBE STARTER PACKS HERE and HERE, if you haven’t already!