I’ve previously posted about my all-season capsule wardrobe. A collection of 50 items that can take you from Winter to Summer, casual picnic to black tie affair (and everything in between). But what if you want to go the season-by-season route?
One easy way to facilitate creating new capsules every three months is to select your STARTER PACK. Ten or so pieces that can travel with you on your capsule wardrobe journey as the calendar pages flick by. That way, you can simply round out each season with the appropriate extras. Think: lots of tees and tanks for Summer, pretty sundresses for Spring, and tights and cardigans to bundle up in Winter.
I decided it might be fun to showcase a few starter pack examples for three different vibes: CLASSIC, VINTAGE INSPIRED, and WHIMSICAL. And of course I turned to one of my favorite sources for gorgeous, well-fitting pieces — MODCLOTH. Use these 10 Piece Starter packs as a guide to help you build your own. What do you have in your closet? What staple items might you be missing? And then each season, GET CREATIVE. Build out your capsule with your favorite pieces for the season!
Up first, 10 Classic Pieces …
- A figure flattering LBD with a scalloped neckline.
- This jean jacket would pair with sundresses and flannel button-ups alike.
- Dainty rose gold watch makes for flirty arm candy.
- These mood earrings are a classic style with a twist.
- Serving you business executive realness in a black skirt.
- A statement necklace with marble is oh so on trend.
- This graphic tee shows off a nerdy side.
- Bell sleeves and a flattering cut will keep this blouse in heavy rotation.
- Jeans with the perfect dark wash.
- This maxi dress is an elegant show stopper.
Would any of these pieces make the cut for YOUR Starter Pack? Do you have any capsule wardrobe tips & tricks? Leave ’em below! xoxo
And tune in next week for a VINTAGE INSPIRED CAPSULE WARDROBE STARTER PACK!
4 thoughts on “Capsule Wardrobe Starter Pack: 10 Classic Pieces”
I love the looks in the started pack you created. I wish I had the cash to go out and put together a completely new wardrobe!