I’ve talked before about my stupidly long reading list, so today I thought I’d share some books I’ve recently added!
Whenever I hear about a cool book on a podcast, read a great author review, or a friend recommends a page-turner they just finished; I’m quick to jot the title and author down. Now, if only there were a few more hours in the day that I could devote to tackling my list!
Here are the latest additions…
1. The Year They Tried to Kill Me: Surviving a Surgical Internship…Even if the Patients Don’t by Salvatore Iaquinta, MD
A follow-up read to my binge watch of ER.
2. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Seems right up my Downton Abbey alley!
3. Unshattered: Overcoming Tragedy and Choosing a Beautiful Life by Carol Decker with Stacey L. Nash
The author’s interview on this blog post really struck a chord.
4. The Idea of You by Robinne Lee
Another addition thanks to an author interview. This time on a podcast.
5. Come As You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski, PhD
Always down for a good pop-sci read and this one’s cover is especially cheeky.
6. Night Moves by Jessica Hopper
Recently devoured a couple novels by Emma Straub and she recommended this book/author!
7. Educated by Tara Westover
EVERYONE is talking about this book.
8. The Girl Who Never Read Noam Chomsky by Jana Casale
The way this story is structured sounded interesting to me.
9. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
Feels like an important read given the current state of things.
10. Whiskey & Ribbons by Leesa Cross-Smith
This book is the most ME sounding thing ever and it is set in Kentucky!
[ Plus, just for fun, here are 10 non-book things I’ve recently added to my Amazon Wish List:
An air purifier,
Slouchy denim jacket,
A-line denim skirt,
This gorgeous blanket,
A cruelty free mascara,
Magnesium supplement that tastes like watermelon,
Handy-dandy water purifier,
and a straightening brush. ]
Where do you get your book recommendations? Any blogs or podcasts that clue you in to the best reads? (A Cup of Jo and Call Your Girlfriend usually knock it out of the park for me.)
6 thoughts on “The 10 Most Recent Additions to My Reading List”
Oh I’m going to have to have a look at these books! Now that I’m back at work again it’s nice to find something to read on the way there in the bus 🙂
Yes! Love having a good book on public transit.
Ive just started my maternity leave so this is a really useful reading list for me for the year!
I love your reading lists because I keep spotting so many good books to read from there! The Girl Who Never Read Noam Chomsky and Whiskey & Ribbons are totally going on my reading list immediately!
Yay! Yes, those two look especially good to me too. 🙂