Last week, we learned a bit more about Kamala Harris by way of some additional content. I linked to interviews, articles, and videos that I hoped would help further your understanding of this political powerhouse.
Today, I’d like to use Kamala’s story as inspiration for other stories and messages I think are worthy of our examination. Below, you’ll find books about politics, fierce female leaders, feminism, and justice. Add these to your reading list if you drew power from The Truths We Hold. I think you’ll find their pages have a similar effect.
I’ve also included a round-up of documentaries that serve as excellent supplemental material for Kamala’s book. Watch the trailers and choose what looks most interesting. (Or watch all six!)
Finally, there’s a playlist of Kamala’s favorite jams (for our musically inclined readers) and a call to action to get involved with your favorite 2020 hopeful. Enjoy!
Books to add to your reading list –
- West Wingers: Stories from the Dream Chasers, Change Makers, and Hope Creators Inside the Obama White House by Gautam Raghavan
- Lead from the Outside: How to Build Your Future and Make Real Change by Stacey Abrams
- Good and Mad: The Revolutionary Power of Women’s Anger by Rebecca Traister (Note: check out her interview on Call Your Girlfriend)
- Unladylike: A Field Guide to Smashing the Patriarchy and Claiming Your Space by Cristen Conger and Caroline Ervin
- The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls by Anissa Gray
- Chisholm ’72: Unbought and Unbossed [TRAILER]
- Maya Angelou: And Still I Rise [TRAILER]
- She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry [TRAILER]
- A Ballerina’s Tale [TRAILER]
- 13th [TRAILER]
- The Women’s List [TRAILER]
- Get the deets on ALL the 2020 presidential hopefuls! Read as much you can and stay informed on the issues. Look into what they’ve done and what they’re promising to do.
- Find one you like? Get involved! This can be as simple as talking to friends about why you’re down for this particular person or as involved as hosting watch parties & volunteering with their campaign office.
- For info on how to get involved with Kamala’s campaign — EVENTS / STORE / VOLUNTEER / DONATE
Check out Part 2 for more with Kamala Harris.
Stay tuned for Part 4!
P.S. You can get a free Joyful Warrior sticker (pictured above) HERE.