What are you up to this week? As I mentioned in this post, things are slowing down for a few weeks around these parts. I’ll happily take the opportunity to watch the new season of Orange Is The New Black and read this book. If you’re in need of some entertainment of your own, may I recommend the following links…
What is an Irish Exit? And why it’s not actually that rude.
Remember when I said I wanted to move NOLA? This charming creole cottage is giving me ALL the feels.
What it’s like to spend a day with a Venezuelan government minder.
Make your own beach house pillow!
How much businesses pay to get on those big blue exit signs.
How Kim Kardashian pushed the boundaries of celebrity pregnancy.
Stop pretending to be outraged by Kathy Griffin’s video.
Related: So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson
Real World: Seattle’s Irene opens up about getting slapped by a guy on the show.
The ultimate guide to creating your bucket list!
Related: My Reverse Bucket List
The internet is where we share — and steal — the best ideas.
I’ve been listened to the podcast At Home With and the episode with By Terry founder, Terry De Gunzburg made me want to go out and by this and this.
Y’all know I love commitment.
Hey guys! The other night I was clicking around on a few favorite bloggy-type sites (as ya do) and was struck by how many bloggers feature lists of cool things they want to do in the coming year or before they turn a certain age. What a great way to challenge yourself to mix it up. Plus, the added benefit of blogging = a)accountability, but also b)sweet content each time you check an item off the list!
Basically my blog was green with envy and I needed to hook her up with a list POST HASTE! But wait a minute, I thought to myself, we’re already 2.5 months into the new year and my birthday is FOREVER away. Can I really just put together a list like this on a random Tuesday??
Short answer: Yes. When you write the blog, you make the rules.
Long answer: I created this blog to encourage myself to keep looking for, and FINDING, delight. Actively searching for life’s unexpected pleasures is something I try to do on the daily. But making a list of things I expect to bring me joy works too. I don’t need to feel bad about not having an “occasion” to set myself up for delight. I can just make a list and start checking things off!
So here goes…
- Visit the Miami Seaquarium – Planning to check this one off THIS week!
- 10 Day Ballet Challenge
- Rent a Surrey Bike
- 24 Hour Digital Detox
- Mini Near-to-Home Vacay/Stay-cay – Don’t need a day’s drive to justify renting an Airbnb for the weekend.
- Take a MOOC – Totally left-field subject matter encouraged.
- Go on a Boat Tour or Day Cruise – Zip past Miami mansions and watch the sunset over the skyline or BETTER YET…head to the Bahamas for the day.
- Complete a Whole 30
- Dine at a Posh Indian Restaurant
- Finish a Loom Knit Project
- Go Geocaching
- Play a Super Involved Board Game
- Plant an Herb Garden
- 30 Day Pilates Challenge
- Make a 3-Layer Birthday Cake
- Memoir Month – Challenge myself to read as many as possible before the calendar page turns.
- Support the Performing Arts at FIU – A night at the theater or ballet? Yes, please!
- Create a Piece of Art for Hanging
- Visit a New City
- Eat Conch Fritters – When in Rome!
I’m so excited to get started!
What’s on your “In Search Of: Delight” list? Do any of the items above strike your fancy? Which would you most like to see a blog post about? I’d love your thoughts!