Hey guys! The other night I was clicking around on a few favorite bloggy-type sites (as ya do) and was struck by how many bloggers feature lists of cool things they want to do in the coming year or before they turn a certain age. What a great way to challenge yourself to mix it up. Plus, the added benefit of blogging = a)accountability, but also b)sweet content each time you check an item off the list!
Basically my blog was green with envy and I needed to hook her up with a list POST HASTE! But wait a minute, I thought to myself, we’re already 2.5 months into the new year and my birthday is FOREVER away. Can I really just put together a list like this on a random Tuesday??
Short answer: Yes. When you write the blog, you make the rules.
Long answer: I created this blog to encourage myself to keep looking for, and FINDING, delight. Actively searching for life’s unexpected pleasures is something I try to do on the daily. But making a list of things I expect to bring me joy works too. I don’t need to feel bad about not having an “occasion” to set myself up for delight. I can just make a list and start checking things off!
So here goes…
- Visit the Miami Seaquarium – Planning to check this one off THIS week!
- 10 Day Ballet Challenge
- Rent a Surrey Bike
- 24 Hour Digital Detox
- Mini Near-to-Home Vacay/Stay-cay – Don’t need a day’s drive to justify renting an Airbnb for the weekend.
- Take a MOOC – Totally left-field subject matter encouraged.
- Go on a Boat Tour or Day Cruise – Zip past Miami mansions and watch the sunset over the skyline or BETTER YET…head to the Bahamas for the day.
- Complete a Whole 30
- Dine at a Posh Indian Restaurant
- Finish a Loom Knit Project
- Go Geocaching
- Play a Super Involved Board Game
- Plant an Herb Garden
- 30 Day Pilates Challenge
- Make a 3-Layer Birthday Cake
- Memoir Month – Challenge myself to read as many as possible before the calendar page turns.
- Support the Performing Arts at FIU – A night at the theater or ballet? Yes, please!
- Create a Piece of Art for Hanging
- Visit a New City
- Eat Conch Fritters – When in Rome!
I’m so excited to get started!
What’s on your “In Search Of: Delight” list? Do any of the items above strike your fancy? Which would you most like to see a blog post about? I’d love your thoughts!