Hey guys! The other night I was clicking around on a few favorite bloggy-type sites (as ya do) and was struck by how many bloggers feature lists of cool things they want to do in the coming year or before they turn a certain age. What a great way to challenge yourself to mix it up. Plus, the added benefit of blogging = a)accountability, but also b)sweet content each time you check an item off the list!
Basically my blog was green with envy and I needed to hook her up with a list POST HASTE! But wait a minute, I thought to myself, we’re already 2.5 months into the new year and my birthday is FOREVER away. Can I really just put together a list like this on a random Tuesday??
Short answer: Yes. When you write the blog, you make the rules.
Long answer: I created this blog to encourage myself to keep looking for, and FINDING, delight. Actively searching for life’s unexpected pleasures is something I try to do on the daily. But making a list of things I expect to bring me joy works too. I don’t need to feel bad about not having an “occasion” to set myself up for delight. I can just make a list and start checking things off!
So here goes…
- Visit the Miami Seaquarium – Planning to check this one off THIS week!
- 10 Day Ballet Challenge
- Rent a Surrey Bike
- 24 Hour Digital Detox
- Mini Near-to-Home Vacay/Stay-cay – Don’t need a day’s drive to justify renting an Airbnb for the weekend.
- Take a MOOC – Totally left-field subject matter encouraged.
- Go on a Boat Tour or Day Cruise – Zip past Miami mansions and watch the sunset over the skyline or BETTER YET…head to the Bahamas for the day.
- Complete a Whole 30
- Dine at a Posh Indian Restaurant
- Finish a Loom Knit Project
- Go Geocaching
- Play a Super Involved Board Game
- Plant an Herb Garden
- 30 Day Pilates Challenge
- Make a 3-Layer Birthday Cake
- Memoir Month – Challenge myself to read as many as possible before the calendar page turns.
- Support the Performing Arts at FIU – A night at the theater or ballet? Yes, please!
- Create a Piece of Art for Hanging
- Visit a New City
- Eat Conch Fritters – When in Rome!
I’m so excited to get started!
What’s on your “In Search Of: Delight” list? Do any of the items above strike your fancy? Which would you most like to see a blog post about? I’d love your thoughts!
17 thoughts on “In Search Of: More Delight! (+20 ways to find it)”
I do geocaching and I can heartily recommend it. I like to call it an urban treasure hunt. It’s fun and challenging at the same time!
I love that name for it, Katja! I’ve never tried it but I have a feeling I will love it. Can’t wait to report back on my first urban treasure hunt. 🙂
I really like to hike in the mountains. Unfortunately, where I hike is game lands, so there are hunters there M-Sat. So, Sunday is my hike day there.
Boat tours and cruises sound good! I’d also love to travel more often, especially when it’s wintertime.
If you ask me, I am always up for making lists and plans! Everyday is a special occasion, right?
P.S. I I don’t know what’s better than having something checked out of the list!
BS, xx | https://queenbsdiary.com/
Love this list and how there is a wide variety of things you want to do! I def need to do a 24 hour digital detox as well… haha 🙂
At first I wrote down Digital Detox WEEKEND but quickly revised, haha! Gotta start a little more realistically. 😉
This is a very cool post. i don’t think of going out just to find delight, but I think I should stop and smell some of the flowers on my journey and not miss anything.
Great list! I’m going to Rome this May and eating eating conch fritters is also on my list ❤ – https://esseremoda.nl/melasti-beach-the-most-beautiful-beach-in-bali/
This is such a great idea for a blog post, I’ve done a bucket list post before but I love the idea of finding simplistic little moments that give you delight. For me that would be watching a sunrise or heading to the beach and enjoying the sounds of waves!
At the beginning of this year I made a promise to myself that I will do the things that make me the MOST happy and I will do them unapologetically. These include:
1. See as much live music as possible. Local bands and huge stars, there is NOTHING like the high of live music. Travel the country for a band or go to a bar down the street. Nothing. Like. It.
2. Write more fanfic and beta for my friends.
3. Go on more trips!
4. Finish my novel (DONE!!)
5. Never go a day without my uke.