As you may remember, item numero uno on my More Delight List was to visit Miami Seaquarium. I wrote about our experience (and the complicated feelings that came along with the visit) yesterday, if you’d like to take a look. However, today I thought I’d share a few pictures.
First up, the reef aquarium…
…then a stroll through the tropical fish aquariums.
The manatees bear a striking resemblance to a cat I know. (And I kept thinking of the British tourists we met on Biscayne Bay who called them floating baked potatoes. Ha!)
The crocodiles and sea turtles were happily sunning themselves…
…with views of downtown Miami right across the bay.
Then we saw Lolita the Killer Whale. [Read more HERE.] (Can you spot the Pacific White Side Dolphins in mid-air 2 pictures down?)
Flamingos just chilling on one leg! Aren’t they prettiest shade of salmony-pink?
“They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than liiiiightning…” [Side note: The house where the trainers and employees hang out is a replica of the house from Flipper the TV show. I would have snapped a pic but there were a couple of gals in wet-suits eating their lunch on the front porch and I thought it would be a little rude.]
Have you ever been to Miami Seaquarium? Do you have a favorite day trip activity in your city that brings you joy? I’d love to hear about it!
P.S. More fun photos — Biscayne National Park and Historic Savannah, GA!
Hey guys! The other night I was clicking around on a few favorite bloggy-type sites (as ya do) and was struck by how many bloggers feature lists of cool things they want to do in the coming year or before they turn a certain age. What a great way to challenge yourself to mix it up. Plus, the added benefit of blogging = a)accountability, but also b)sweet content each time you check an item off the list!
Basically my blog was green with envy and I needed to hook her up with a list POST HASTE! But wait a minute, I thought to myself, we’re already 2.5 months into the new year and my birthday is FOREVER away. Can I really just put together a list like this on a random Tuesday??
Short answer: Yes. When you write the blog, you make the rules.
Long answer: I created this blog to encourage myself to keep looking for, and FINDING, delight. Actively searching for life’s unexpected pleasures is something I try to do on the daily. But making a list of things I expect to bring me joy works too. I don’t need to feel bad about not having an “occasion” to set myself up for delight. I can just make a list and start checking things off!
So here goes…
- Visit the Miami Seaquarium – Planning to check this one off THIS week!
- 10 Day Ballet Challenge
- Rent a Surrey Bike
- 24 Hour Digital Detox
- Mini Near-to-Home Vacay/Stay-cay – Don’t need a day’s drive to justify renting an Airbnb for the weekend.
- Take a MOOC – Totally left-field subject matter encouraged.
- Go on a Boat Tour or Day Cruise – Zip past Miami mansions and watch the sunset over the skyline or BETTER YET…head to the Bahamas for the day.
- Complete a Whole 30
- Dine at a Posh Indian Restaurant
- Finish a Loom Knit Project
- Go Geocaching
- Play a Super Involved Board Game
- Plant an Herb Garden
- 30 Day Pilates Challenge
- Make a 3-Layer Birthday Cake
- Memoir Month – Challenge myself to read as many as possible before the calendar page turns.
- Support the Performing Arts at FIU – A night at the theater or ballet? Yes, please!
- Create a Piece of Art for Hanging
- Visit a New City
- Eat Conch Fritters – When in Rome!
I’m so excited to get started!
What’s on your “In Search Of: Delight” list? Do any of the items above strike your fancy? Which would you most like to see a blog post about? I’d love your thoughts!